Impressed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed again

I got my parts last night for 2 of my guitars. First i wire up the ibanes with the 2 push/pull pots and put the hot stack in the middle. It doesn't hum cancel in the 2nd and 4th position like i wanted so i took it apart and swapped the ground and the hot because i figured inside one of the two coils has to be reverse wound since it hum cancels. put it back together same thing... so i put it back how i had it the first time and called it good for now. it keeps up with the JB and Jazz so i'm happy and now i can split everything so that adds to it.

Now for what really made my morning. last night i really didn't have time to play because after 4 1/2 hours of re-wireing both guitars it was a little late. I put a regular spaced JB in my Peavey firenza and put a push pull pot in place of the volume pot so i can split the JB. This guitar sounds sooooooo nice now it has sooo much bite and attack in drop c i never thought a JB would put this type of sound out and i haven't even fine adjusted it yet. actually i don't think i need to. It even has a great clean tone in this guitar which the Ibanez somewhat lacks now in comparison.

Now i over both of them so thanks for keeping me on the JB guys.
    Last edited by Chi3f; 07-20-2004, 05:49 AM.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: Impressed again

Congrats!! Glad you found your tone...

Comment

JB rules! End of story
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

the stock knobs that i put on my two push pulls on my ibanez stick out a ways when pushed down does anybody know where to get knobs that cover further down? it's purely a look thing
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

I "mod my knobs with a Dremel tool very carefully.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

yea i was thinking about taking the dremel to it too but i was doing one project at a time
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
            X