smooth smooth pickup for ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth smooth pickup for ibanez

I need a really smoot pickup combination for a h-s-h ibanez to play smooth leads. the body is basswood(yuck i know) with a maple fretboard and neck. i was thinking cc in bridge and seth in neck(like the rickenbacker) but the tone wizard doesnt say to do that. HELP PLZ.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Re: smooth smooth pickup for ibanez

I can get some pretty smooth leads out of the Jazz-7 in the neck of my RG1527. Because it is such a low output pickup, it is quite articulate as well. What you play is what you get. I've got a Custom-7 in the bridge and they seem to be a pretty good match.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

CC/PGn (or A2pn)!
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I secong the CC/Pg combo, I have a PG neck pickup in 3 guitars and it sounds great in all of them.

Comment

Working...
        X