Want ballzy fender bass tone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want ballzy fender bass tone!!!!

What's up, hey can anyone help me out??!! I have a Fender mexican deluxe active jazz bass. I want it to sound like the fender 60's jazz basses (lots of bass and mids and warm, punchy sound, no hum, lots of output) Iv'e been looking at the bassline pickup models. But I dont know which one to get should I get the SJB-1 vintage jazz, or the SJB-2 HOT. I was looking at harmony central.com at there pickup reviews but I saw bad reviews for the SJB-2??!! . And the SJB-1 is a low output pickup and i want a high output pickup. P.S. I already looked at the Fender custom shop 60's pickups and I know they hum like crazy!!!!! :fing25:

Re: Want ballzy fender bass tone!!!!

STK-J2 Hot stack for jazz is more than likely what you're looking for. High output, sounds like a hot vintage jazz bass pup with no hum! Nice Lows, mids and highs. Think "Vintage sound with a little more oomph" I use 'em an I love 'em. I use mine for blues primarily, but it also turns out a great rock tone. worse case scenario, take advantage of the seymour duncan 21 day exchance policy.
    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

no, the Hot Stack for JB is rediculous sounding... it doesn't sound anything like a 60's jazz bass. You've put up quite a tall order. Vintage and warm sounding, but no hum and hi output.... that's a tough order. In anycase, I'd suggest a SJB-1 set. Those are marvelous. Friend o' mine has 'em in his 69 Jazz Bass, the thing sounds amazing. What style music do you play?
      You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

I play mostly Metal and hard rock, thank you, all of you for your advice.
        If anyone else can help me by all means let me know what you think!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X