upgrading pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading pickups

I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and have abit of cash lying around and decided i want to upgrade the pickups on my guitar. I've got a godin sd, the pickup formation is a humbucker at the bridge, a single coil in the middle and another single at the neck position. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to pickups so any help or suggestions on what kind and where would be great. I want a good distortion tone, something with some low end for metal type distortion, good distortion for lead, and a nice clean tone. I play mostly rock and such. any suggestions on what to do would be great. Also i only have about $200-$250 US to spend, and that includes having someone put them on for me to (from what i've seen thats about $30-$40). Any suggestions appreciated

Re: upgrading pickups

anyone?

Comment

To start with I would use the tone wizzard telling it your guitar is a Hum-Sing-Sing, etc. And then look at the specs on all the ones that it list. I don't know a lot about the single coils but I'll sugest a Custom Bridge, Hot Rails Middle, and a cool Rails Neck (based on what I've seen on the forum before and my pref of the Custom) maybe a Custom/Cool Rails/Cool Rails, and wait for someone to correct me. I have no Idea what body or fretboard wood your guitar uses. BTW Replacing all 3 will most likley push you over your budget.
      Last edited by NathanCahill; 07-21-2004, 02:39 PM.
      Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Comment

well, would you like to go completely hum canceling or keep the single coil sounds in the mid and neck positions
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

i think i'd go with a mini humbucker rather then a single coil

Comment

Working...
          X