banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some humbuckers....reccommend please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some humbuckers....reccommend please.

Hello everyone, it's my first post here \

I'm playing a Brownsville USD-R Flame through a Marshall MG100DFX and would like to replace the pickups. I use mostly the neck pickups, and haven't really touched the others in a while. Both pickups are humbuckers. I play a large group of styles, all rock. Things from Zepplin and AC/DC to Iron Maiden to some punk and a very, very small bit of ska.

I've been told that you guys really know your stuff (from the GameFAQS Musicians/Songwriters board, if anyone is from there), and would appreciate any reccommendations you may have. Thanks!
    Southgate's going home!

Re: Need some humbuckers....reccommend please.

Welcom to the forum!

Do you have a link or description of your guitar?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks.

And as for a picture, the only one I could find was a rather small one when I used "Brownsville Flame" as a Google Image search. I couldn't get a link, so if you want to see it, you'll have to google it yourself

No description, either.
      Southgate's going home!

Comment

Welcome!

What is it about your current pickups that you don't like?

That, combined with some more information about the guitar and the kind of music you want to play, will help the guys advise you.

Cheers!

Simon

Comment

Well, the stock pickups(the ones I have) seem to be good for mainly things on the lower strings. Solos and whatnot on the higher strings just don't sound as good as I would like. As I mentioned, I play music with solos that have a good amount of bite(or crunch, whatever you want to call it) on the higher strings. Mostly harder rock, such as AC/DC and Iron Maiden, as I mentioned earlier.

And as for info on my guitar, feel free to look if you want, I couldn't find any. I think something might have happened to the company or something.
          Southgate's going home!

Comment

for ac/dc and iron maiden i think a 59 in the neck with a jb in the bridge would be a great combo. great cleans from the neck and smooth lead tones, in the bridge youll get more output and a killer lead tone

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I can't remember what Duncans my local Sam Ash has in stock, so I'll drop by there soon and check.
              Southgate's going home!

Comment

Is the 59 mentioned above just called a SD 59, or is it a different model of a pickup?
                Southgate's going home!

Comment

Working...
                X