humbucker recommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker recommendations please

Well, it's happened--I'm looking to replace my pickups.

I've got a Hamer Slammer Special 2 Flametop SP2F-2T [http://www.hamerguitars.com/img/pdf/slammer2003.pdf -- bottom of page 3] with stock pickups on them. I'm running it through a Marshall MG30DFX amp. I play mostly old school/street/oi punk rock and classic rock.

I've been talking to people and they suggest a '59 neck / JB bridge configuration for the sound I'm looking for. I also read that the SH-8 Invader was great for punk sounds, but there are so many options and decisions to pick. I've never dealt with any of this stuff and I know you guys know your material

What would you recommend for what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by curtis; 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM.

Re: humbucker recommendations please

JB/59 is your best bet for classic rock, punk, and anything and everyting else raunchy.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Watch the Invader in a mahogany body... it's better of in something like a Strat (alder)
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

i agree, especially into your amp, the invader might not be the best choice.
        i think the 59/jb setup would be a good one for you

Comment

i knew that setup would be the best.. thanks a lot guys. also, i've never actually wired any of this sort of stuff before. how difficult is it? i have a little experience in soldering, but will the diagrams and instructions be sufficient for me or would it be best to have someone whos done it before take a look at it and install them for me?

Comment

Working...
          X