Single Coil Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Coil Advice

Looking for some alternative suggestions for my new strat project. This one is going to be pure single coils....but I want it to be warm....not to high end heavy, and no mini buckers or rails...vintage look. I also think I'm going to go with flat pole pieces since I have a 10-16 compound radius on the fretboard.

I'm thinking about the following options.

Antiquity set with hot custom bridge
    APS flat neck and mid, SSL-6 bridge
    or
    5-2's from the custom shop with flat pole pieces and a slightly hotter bridge wind.

The body is a really light 2 piece ash body, probably under 4 lbs. It should be capable of all the standard strat sounds in positions 2-5, and the bridge should have enough to do gritty rock and blues.

Opinion me away!
    My Sound Clips

Re: Single Coil Advice

Jeff ...
    I don't think you could go wrong with the APSs or Ants in that ax. (I haven't tried the 5-2s, so I can't say about those.)

I made a post in tips & clips comparing Ants/ APSs, btw:

for reference, though, those are alder strats
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

i used to use an aps2/aps2/ssl6 setup. sounded great, i use a twangbanger now. it doesnt have quite as much output but its a little smoother sounding. the ssl6 has a great bite to it that isnt harsh but really cuts thru a dense mix

Comment

For me, the Cobalt Samarium Noiseless pick ups from Fender got the best tone of them all to play clean and Blues.

Comment

Working...
        X