Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for new SD pickups

Hi, all.
    First Time on the forum. Have a question and would like some advice. I've never used SD humbucking pick-ups before, but I'm going to purchase a set to put into my SG. Now, what I'm looking for is a bridge pickup that is versatile enough to go from rock-to hard rock-to metal. I'm looking for a classic Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath sound and tone at the heaviest to an AC/DC tone and sound as well. I dont want to duplicate these sounds, but get close enough to mimic all three. Any ideas?
    Oh, also looking for a cool SD neck pick-up to complement the bridge pick-up. In addition to my SG, I also want to replace the pick-ups in my ESP strat, too.
    Bob

Re: Need advice for new SD pickups

Um...what amps are you using? And what sound are you going for with the strat? Sorry I cant help you out on the full sized buckers, but as for the strat, I can get yo uclose to any tone you want with it.
    Last edited by beandip; 07-22-2004, 02:19 AM.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Alnico II Pro, '59, Custom... will do those... I think.
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

you didnt mention what else you use for a rig...thatll help
        but im thinking that a 59/custom might work for you. i used to run that setup in my sg and it was great for all types of rock and metal.
        what do you want from the esp?

Comment

Hey,
          My rig consists of an RG75/G2 amp and a Marshall MG50, running through a Tonebone Hot British Distortion pedal as my main overdrive/distortion. The weak end has always been my stock guitar pick-ups, like LH-100 on my ESP strat (nice pick-ups, but you could only get palm mutes by playing at the first position. My SG has Alnico V pick-ups, good for rock, but aren't versatile enough). My ESP strat is my main guitar and the one I'd really like to turn into a shredder. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X