I Need a Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need a Schematic

I'm going to put a Lil 59 in the bridge position and an Alnico II Pro humbucker in the neck position of my 50's Tele. I'm going to use the standard 3-way switch and have switching go like this:

Position 1 - Bridge full
    Position 2 - both in series
    Position 3 - Neck full

I'm going to install two 500k push/pull pots for splitting and out-of-phase. Here's how I want the whole thing to work:

Switch - same as above
    Push/Pull Vol: Down - Normal; Up - Both pickups split
    Push/Pull Tone: Down - Normal; Up - Both pickups out-of-phase

Can anybody help me with a drawing of this?

Thanks!
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Re: I Need a Schematic

Hey Butch; If no one else gets to this, I can as soon as I get home from work. (About 5 hours.)

On that last part - when you pull the tone control, for out-of-phase operation, do you mean, out-of-phase relative to each other, or absolute phase of both?
    In other words, only one pup would actually be reversed.

Comment

Ooops . . . sorry Butch. By the time I got home, I forgot I made this post.

Working on it now.

Comment

Ok . . . this should do it:

Click on the image for the full-size version.

The block in the red square shows the orientation of the Tele 3-way.

Oh yeah - you probably already know this, but only use the red or the blue connection for the tone control, depending on whether or not you want the 50's mod.
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 07-22-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

The two switches where the red and white wires are connected, are they the switches that are connected under the the push/pull pots?
          -Butch Snyder
          butchsnyder.com

Comment

those two orange colored blocks are the two switches under the push/pulls. each one has 6 lugs on it which makes them dpdt.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
              those two orange colored blocks are the two switches under the push/pulls. each one has 6 lugs on it which makes them dpdt.
              Yes! that's what I was hoping. Thanks for the drawing!
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Comment

You're welcome. Sorry about leaving off the labels. It was late when I finished it up, and I was getting sleepy-eyed.

There's one other thing to note: you're original request for the tone push/pull to put "both pickups out-of-phase", is somewhat ambiguous. I assumed you meant, one pickup out-of-phase with the other. Which would only be relevant in the 3-way's middle, or "series", position.

Having two pups in series, with one out-of-phase should produce a real weak, tinny sound, that I wouldn't think would be all that useful. So, you may want to make sure I understood what you were wanting.

I can make any mods that you think are necessary. Just let me know.

Comment

artie you need to make my schematic i don't know why what i want has to be so hard
                  boreddddddddddd

Comment

Ok . . . I found that thread. Somehow, that post slipped through the cracks - in my memory cells.

Sorry 'bout that. I'll take a look as soon as I get home.

Comment

Working...
                    X