Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of the Beast DVD pick-up question

Hi, all.
    Here's a question. I was watching the classic albums DVD of Iron Maiden's making of The Number of the Beast album. I saw Adrain Smith playing a Fender strat with an H/S/S configuration. Can anybody tell me what kind of humbucker is in the bridge position? I believe it's a SD, but I don't know the type. Now, to make things clear, I'm not refering to Adrian's single coil pick-ups on his other strats (his guitar tech mentioned they were SD JB Junior's). Any info would be appreciated.
    Bob

Re: Number of the Beast DVD pick-up question

all i know is dave murray plays a strat with all hot rails...... dont know if that will help because hes not adrian smith

Comment

Re: Number of the Beast DVD pick-up question

If you mean the pickups they used in 1982, than it's a Dimarzio Super Distortion! Or maybe a SD Jeff Beck.
      At the DVD i didn't notice how the Humbucker looked, but if it's the same sunburst strart which appers on other pics, than i think it might be still the original Pickups. Maybe a DiMarzio Paf Pro?

The JB junior is used by both other guitar players, Janick uses JB jun. bridge and neck, Dave uses hotrails neck & middle and maybe JB jun. bridge. (Thats the setup of the I.M. Strat!)
      Pickups... the final frontier.
      These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
      Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
      X