banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions: Pups for Schecter C1 E/A Semihollow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions: Pups for Schecter C1 E/A Semihollow?

Hey guys, the Duncan Design pups that are in there now are Very squealy and not quite up to par. What would you suggest for a good all around set in the low to med output area. I was thinking a Seth or Ant set.....
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Suggestions: Pups for Schecter C1 E/A Semihollow?

seths or antiquitys would be very cool. they arent potted but hey sound soooo good in a hollow body.

Comment

I really like the Seth's in a semi. Another opttion (if you want more cut) would be the Pg set. They work wonders in my Paul, though Ive never tried them in a semi.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks guys, what could be the drawbacks of non potted pups vs. potted?
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Feedback might be an issue if you run a lot of gain at high volumes with unpotted pickups. That being said, I was usually able to controll the feedback coming from my Sheraton and use it to sustain a note or get a different sound.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
            Hey guys, the Duncan Design pups that are in there now are Very squealy and not quite up to par. What would you suggest for a good all around set in the low to med output area. I was thinking a Seth or Ant set.....
            Please let me know if you find a pickup you like. I own several Schecters, and I have been happy with most of them, but recently I purchased the Aviation Series, which have 'Duncan Designed' pickups in them....maybe from the doughnut shop...because they squeal as well....and I am not at loud volumes and I don't use a lot of gain...I would be willing to bet that these pickups that Schecter is begining to use are just the cheapest pieces of crap...that is too bad too, because my C1 Classic's came loaded with the JB SH-4 (Bridge) and Jass SH-2N in the neck...I don't think they could have picked a better combo for the guitar. I hope they aren't going cheap, because I do like Schecter.
            I would love to have a battle of wits with you....but you appear unarmed!!

Comment

I really like the Seth Lovers for natural classic rock tones. I have not tried them in a semi-hollow guitar, but I have heard lots of positive reviews.
              I don't have problems with feedback from my SLs, but I don't normally play super loud, or with a bunch of gain.
              My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by timsmude
                Please let me know if you find a pickup you like. I own several Schecters, and I have been happy with most of them, but recently I purchased the Aviation Series, which have 'Duncan Designed' pickups in them....maybe from the doughnut shop...because they squeal as well....and I am not at loud volumes and I don't use a lot of gain...I would be willing to bet that these pickups that Schecter is begining to use are just the cheapest pieces of crap...that is too bad too, because my C1 Classic's came loaded with the JB SH-4 (Bridge) and Jass SH-2N in the neck...I don't think they could have picked a better combo for the guitar. I hope they aren't going cheap, because I do like Schecter.
                I'll keep you posted on what my friend decides. Don't get me wrong, the duncan designs aren't crap. But they don't do so well under med to high gain. My friend is pretty ecclectic with his playing so he needs a very versitle set of pups.

Comment

Working...
                X