X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh_Start
    replied
    Re: Aps-2 questions

FWIW I tried a set of APS-2's in my MIM Strat and the bridge pickup just didn't have enough of anything for me. No beef, no power... Based on what Jeremy and others have said, the Twangbanger sounds like a good match for APS singles in the neck & middle. I love the APS single in the neck position of a Strat.

Haven't tried the SSL-6, but I ended up with a tapped Quarter Pound and glued an after-market steel plate to the bottom to get a beefier version of the Twangbanger.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• brisk
    replied

Originally posted by BS123
    I use the APS-2 on modern neck radii of 9.5" and higher. I use the APS-1 vintage radii (7.25")
    That's exactly what I do.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

Originally posted by Illini1330
    for a set of aps2s what one from the link would be the bridge?
    If you are looking to go with a full set of APS2's, just follow this link and ask for a calabrated set. John will hook you up right.

Leave a comment:

• Illini1330
    replied

for a set of aps2s what one from the link would be the bridge?

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Illini1330
    One more question, do you guys like the twangbanger or ssl-6 in the bridge?
    I've used the SSL6 quite a bit but not the Twangbanger...

The SSL6 has alot of mids,rolled off highs,still chimey but not like a vintage strat pickup...Has good output and a nice singing lead tone..Called the SRV tone for guys that use .009s....I don't currently use the SSL6 as I've gone back to more vintage sounding strat pickups like the Texas Hots,Surfers,APS,and SSL series...

John

Leave a comment:

• Illini1330
    replied

One more question, do you guys like the twangbanger or ssl-6 in the bridge?

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

I'm lefty and it makes life easier on me to just use the flat poled single coils...I Love the cool look of the staggered poles though and so I find myself mounting my pickups onto my pickguard to get the stagger correct like you righthanded guys...It involves removing a small amount of wood from the front section of the neck and middle pockets,but it's well worth it..Actually,I use both flat and staggered pole singles...

John

Leave a comment:

• BS123
    replied

I use the APS-2 on modern neck radii of 9.5" and higher. I use the APS-1 vintage radii (7.25")

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

The difference is the pole stagger. Alot of people like the staggared pole pieces, because they get you closer to that vintage sound, but some prefer flat since you get a better string response. If you get the middle pickup RWRP you'll have hum cancleation in positions 2 and 4, which is usually a good thing. what you need from John at Blackrose (which is a member here BTW) is the APS-1 for neck, then the APS-1RWRP for the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Illini1330
    started a topic Aps-2 questions

Aps-2 questions

I think this wil be the set for my strat with a twangbanger in the bridge. Whats the difference betwen the aps-1 and aps-2. If I get a set should the middle be RW/RP. Whats the difference bettween stagred and flat pole peices?

Out of these what will i need for the neck and middle pickups?

sorry if the questions seem random and mixed up. I too tired to type. the main queston i want answered is the one with the link.
    thanks
Working...
X