New pickups for a Dean EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups for a Dean EVO

I'm looking to replace the stock pickups in my Dean EVO and I need some help with what pickups I need to get the sound I want. I want a cross between Lynyrd Skynyrd, Third Day(Christian rock band) and GnR. I run my Dean to my Orig CryBaby to ProCo: Rat and/or BossS-1 to Ibanez: Chorus to a 1978 Marshall JMP 50w head. Thanks for any help.

Re: New pickups for a Dean EVO

GnR will be APH-1's, but for Skynard, I might be inclined to say '59s more. I don't know Third Day.

Comment

PG set works very well for most styles of music when in a LP style guitar. 59's work well too, but I'm not fond of their extended low end in the neck position. The APH is a VERY nice pickup, but, thru my rig, it's a little too smooth for the Skynard stuff. If you want more bite and growl, I'd go Pg, if you want a smooth, warm sound, go with the APH. If you want a bigger bottom, tight mids, and a sparkling top end, go with the 59's.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I believe I'm gonna go with a set of 59's becuase going by the sound clips from here the PG's don't have enuff low end for me.

Comment

Working...
        X