Re: Changing Strings and Bad Sound

YEH stretchin does it for me!!

Leave a comment:

• BS123
    Ultimate Tone Member

• BS123
    replied

Yep, stretching and retuning until you stretch and they aren't out of tune. I thought they were already stretched. That's why I brought up the intonation thing.

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    Stratoblaster Tone Meister

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Stretch em,tune em,stretch em again,tune em...That's what I do...Later into the day if I'm not playing that axe with the new strings,I'll stretch and tune again until the guitar stays in tune...

John

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    Moe's Bluesman

• Curly
    replied

usually you'll need to retune strings a couple times after a string change - until they stabilize

Leave a comment:

• Tim

• Tim
    replied

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to add that the intonation is good.

By the way, I use to live in Dayton from 1987 to 1992. I did not play guitar back then. I am just learning the beast.

Could the tremolo be out?

Tim

Leave a comment:

• BS123
    Ultimate Tone Member

• BS123
    replied

Originally posted by Tim

My problem is when I play, the chords sound sour, not in correct pitch with the keyboard player.
    Sounds like your guitar needs to be intonated. This is usually a bridge saddle issue. They need to be adjusted.

Leave a comment:

• Tim

• Tim
    started a topic Changing Strings and Bad Sound

Changing Strings and Bad Sound

Hello Again,

As I mentioned in my last post I have a strat copy. (J. Turser). I have a question about changing strings. I normally only change 5 strings at first. In others words I remove and replace the E, D, G, B, E stings and leave the A string on and in tune. After the other strings are replaced, I change the A string. I was told to do this so I would not have to redo the tremalo on every string change. I then stretch the strings and tune to concert pitch.

My problem is when I play, the chords sound sour, not in correct pitch with the keyboard player.

Can anybody help with this problem?

Thanks.

Tim
Working...
X