Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new pickup...

Alright.

I hope this is the right place for this... but I just need a little help.

I have an Ibanez GRX-40 that I bought refurbished, and it came with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon on the bridge. I'd like to replace the stock single coil at the neck of the guitar to better compliment the screamin' demon, but I dont know what to replace it with. I generally play punk, metal, jazz, a little ska, and acid rock (jimi hendrix). Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for a new pickup...

For what you describe, I'd go with a CR neck and a VR middle. That would keep your setup completely noiseless.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

one more question... on musiciansfriend they have options for the pickups to be either neck or bridge... theres no option for the middle one, so do I pick the neck one? or the bridge one? I'm gonna assume its the neck one, because the bridge one would be spaced differently for guitars that have that bridge pickup at an angle... right?

Comment

Dont go to musicains friend. Check out Lew or Blackrose here on the forum, but yeah, get the neck option.
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

thanks!

Comment

No problem. You're right, it's the neck model, and Beandip's right, contact Lew or John at Blackrose. I haven't bought anything from Lew myself (though I've heard nothing but praise from those who have), but I can tell you from personal experence that John at Blackrose Customs is one of the nicest people I've done business with. He has great prices and ships promptly.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Cool I'll look into it. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X