banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pickups was Tony Iommi using in his SG for the Black Sabbath Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickups was Tony Iommi using in his SG for the Black Sabbath Video?

I was was wondering what pickups did Toni Iommi used in his Gibson SG during the 1970s? What pickups is he currently using?

Rudy D.
    Last edited by rudygeorge; 07-24-2004, 01:57 AM.

Re: What pickups was Tony Iommi using in his SG for the Black Sabbath Video?

In the past, he used mostly P90's and stock humbuckers (and strats on real early stuff). He used Duncan Custom shop pickups in his Patrick Eggle Custom guitars, and now he actually uses his Gibson Iommi sig pickups. But to be specific I believe most the 70's stuff was P90.

Comment

He only used the white strat on the Black Sabbath studio recording. I believe it was basically most of the album done with the strat but don't quote me on that. After that everything was SG.

Actually all of the 70 stuff was done on his various SG's. The pickups varied, although He had a wine red Gibson that was used up until Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (I think), and then he had the JD and John Birch guitars that had custom wound humbucker pickups. I don't know that I ever saw a period he was using the SD Silverbird, but if he was it was probably in the mid to late 90's when I lost interest in Black Sabbath as a whole.

Comment

Hi just to clarify a few things Tony Iommi used his Jaydee built SG with the John Birch Magnum pick-ups in it, I actually ghost build for John Birch Guitars here in the UK and some of his guitars can be found on my website www.gajicguitars.com , look for the SG and Les Paul Iommi guitars that I built for them. Just to let you know they don't build anything whatsoever I have built all his stuf for the last 5 years. Kammo1

Comment

Working...
        X