Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which One

Hey guys,
    I'm needing some advise and would like some opinions. I'm looking to load up a H-140 heritage (LP Style) with some pickups. Im woundering which 1 would be the best to get a great hard rock tone thru my marshall tsl60 half stack. I'm looking for the heaviest and hardest sound i can get just b4 it becomes a metal sound and of course a good clean sound. Also good harmonics too. Something with heavy low-mid end that doesnt break up. I would greatly appreciate your help.
    Thanks much,
    Cole

Re: Which One

Ive heard the SH-8 Invader is supposed to awsome on distortion
    I think its pretty good clean
    Thought about that?
    James
    "You can have my guitar when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

Comment

For that guitar I'd suggest a Custom in the bridge. The Duncan Distortion is nice for hard rock as well but the cleans aren't as nice as with the Custom.

A JB would also work, but it doesn't have the low-mid content of the Custom. The Custom has an agressive top end, its somewhat thick in the middle and the bottom end is prominent and fairly tight.

Sounds like what you are looking for to me.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thanks a lot for the opinions guys. much appriciated. i really havent checked into any of these being i dont know much about them. i did have a jb in my LP for awhile but it just wasnt quite what i needed, granted its a great pickup. also, any ideas on a smooth neck pickup too. smooth, clean with a good bite. good harmonics are always a must too...lol... the pickups that came standard in it were Schaller. im just not real crazy about them.

Comment

Like Robert said, the Custom will take care of the bridge position. For what you want at the neck, a PG is hard to beat.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

want to thank you ALL for your help. its helped me greatly. i have no idea what pickups do what so its a great help to have a place like this and such cool ppl to help me out. thanks again
            cole

Comment

Working...
            X