X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theodie
    Guest replied
    Re: Can you suggest a........

I would recomend the Bill Lawrence XL-500. It is the original Dimebucker. Go to Billlawrence.com and check it out. I would also go to harmonycentral.com. Myself I would discourage the JB. Alot of people like them but, I havent figured out why. I have had a few but, I have always sold them soon after. The DD is a good choice and also the custom. If you wnat allout balls to the wall, get your hands on an invader.

Leave a comment:

• dr.barlo
    replied

All my knowledge of high output pickups are kinda outdated, as I stopped using them like 4-5 years ago. Still the ones I remember doing great metal tones were (some DiMarzio's included) SD Custom, SD JB, SD Distortion, DM super distortion, DM X2N, DM MegaDrive, Gibson 500T. Frankly I liked the 500T and JB the most among the high output ones I used.

B

Leave a comment:

• mrid
    replied

Dime

Leave a comment:

• guitarshredder
    replied

bumpalino!!!

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

bump!

Leave a comment:

• guitarshredder
    replied

Also, can a Duncan Distortion in the bridge do other things besides METAL???

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

DD or Custom or Dimebucker???

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Reading the "influences" list I gotta agree with the dimebucker - although I believe Maiden use DiMarzio SD's, so the Duncan Distortion would more catch that vibe.

Leave a comment:

• Robert S.
    replied

I like the Dime alot for modern metal tones.

The Dime has a "squishy", somewhat vowelish attach that lends itself well to palm muting. It's a fairly high output pickup without the mid peak that you often find in pickups wound that hot. Great bottom end and nice present highs that aren't in the least bit harsh or overly bright. It has a very useable clean tone as well.

I have the Dime in a guitar that I use for drop D brutal work and it's perfect. It's a great pickup where output and clarity matter.

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

whats the dimebucker like??

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

Yup - sounds like either the DD or the Custom. I think both will do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

Originally posted by Benjy_26
    The Custom does a lot of styles well in a LP. If you want nothing but balls to the wall grind and chunk from the bridge position of you Lester but still want good note definition and detail, the DD is what you need.
    Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Selpultera, Cradle of Filth, Arch Enemy and I have a Boss Hyper Metal.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

The Custom does a lot of styles well in a LP. If you want nothing but balls to the wall grind and chunk from the bridge position of you Lester but still want good note definition and detail, the DD is what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

I'd go with a Custom in the bridge of the LP....that will smoke. It will get as heavy as you want, and still clean up decently when you roll off the volume/switch to the clean channel.

Leave a comment:

• bvc310
    replied

What do you mean by heavey metal. If you want high output, tons of gain and the likes i suggest a custom, or maybe even a JB. JBs are very versitle and would do you well in the bridge of a nice LP. They tend to be a little think in some guitars, but in LP with the right eq they will scream. A custom has a little less uppermids spike and more of a bottom end for a PAF on steroids kind of sound. Ome other choices would be a 59 for some more of a classic rock/ ac/dc metal sound. Another may be an Invader, however, I find invaders to become a bit muddy in LPs with their huge low end. If you post some of your influences and more specific type of sound you want, im sure a lot of the metal guys around here can help you. Also, what amp are you using? Any pedals? These can make a huge difference in the tone you get.
    Good Luck,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X