Pole Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Spacing

I am new to guitar building and design and I am running into a problem with positioning my pickups. I am using a Hum-sing-sing configuration.
    bridge spacing: 2-3/32
    neck spacing of 1-3/8
    scale length 24-3/4.

The TB-4 will fit great at the bridge, but the outer poles of each single coil are almost completely outside of the first and sixth strings (they are basically tangent to the circle of the outer pole). If i angle each pickup about 20 degrees, the strings will line up excatly centered on each pole. I could use a rail-style pickup, but that seriously limits my choices. Is it better to angle the pickups, or is it better to accept the minmal pole-string overlap at the outer strings? i've studied quite a few superstrats in my local store, and many of them seem to have the same problem - in some the first string and first pole do not overlap at all.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Pole Spacing

Welcome to the SD User Forum Iyovyn. My H/S/S Strat has the same spacing issues at the neck and I have not noticed any lack of tone or dropouts on the neck pickup.

It's a common occurance and you should be fine with the spacing the way it is.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
    X