Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Strat

Hi!

Please help me choose SD Pickups. I like many styles of rock so I want a guitar to play them all
    I have a Strat (SSS) style guitar and I like:
    Some Heavy like Metallica and Metallica's ballads, olso Led Zeppelin.

I mean I want to play some kind of blues and heavy on one guitar. Plaesa tell me which pickups you think is best for me.

Thanks

P.S. - I thought about 2x SSL7 and 1x SHR1 in Bridge.

Re: Universal Strat

For the styles mentiones, I'd go with a JB Jr. at the bridge, Duckbucker in the mid, and a Lil' 59 at the neck. Install a push/pull pot so you can activate neck and bridge pickups together, and your strat should cover a lot of sonic territory very well.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

I play strats 99% of the time, so I'll tell ya what I use, and you can decide for yourself.

I play 80's metal and hard rock mostly, and I have my guitar setup to reflect that. I use a JB pickup in the bridge of my primary strat, with a Pearly Gates neck pickup in the neck position. I get great blues tones with the PG. If your guitar doesn't have the proper routes under the pickguard to accommodate full size humbuckers, the hot rails in the bridge position is not a bad choice, and then you could use the lil' 59 or the like in the neck position for the sake of balance...I'm not sure how well the HR would balance with the SSL pickups...I'll leave that topic open to anyone here with experience in that situation.

Good luck!

Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
        .... and a Lil' 59 at the neck.
        Heh, beat me to it!
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Thanks for realy usefull answers! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X