Custom not doing it need opinion between DD and JB for LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom not doing it need opinion between DD and JB for LP

I put a Custom and 59 in my Les Paul. The Custom for whatever reason isn't sounding alive, a bit low endiswh then again the specs do say its hi's and low's are evenly balanced.

I am thinking about up the ante as I want something hotter. The harmonics aren't too good either. I am thinking about switching the Custom for a DD or a JB. These look the same on paper. Except one is ceramic. DC looks =.
    Any tone input on these? For hard rock, Southern Rock Blues, and Metal.

Re: Custom not doing it need opinion between DD and JB for LP

I think the JB is quite a bit more versatile than the DD. If your looking at those different styles, you might try that one.

Although, I wouldn't scoff at a Pearly Gates either. That is one OPEN sounding pup, and you couldn't ask for a better Southern Rock Blues tone.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Korovamilkdud is right, the PG set in a Lester can definately rock, it'll even do metal in mine. You will lose output as opposed to the Custom, though. For more output, harmonics, highs and chunk, the DD is the way to go.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

If you bought the pups new, take advantage of SD's 2 week guarantee. If you don't like a pup, send it back for another model! I can't imagine that your SH-5 is lacking in highs- seems I have TONS in mine. Maybe your pup is a variation due to manufacturing tolerences (too amny or too less winds)... Every SH-5 I've heard had lots of high end response. Good luck, Bro!
        Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
        ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
        ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
        ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
        ESP KH-1
        LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
        BC Rich KKV
        Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
        Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment

Hi guys,
          I just want to let ya all know I got the Duncan Distortion in and I like it better then the Custom. Though I do like the Custom for lesser hard stuff. Though my problem is my guitar is quite dark. My Les Paul is so freaking light. Weird. Still doesn't achieve pinch harmonics like Les Pauls with the EMG's and Fillmores though. Not lack of technique may I say.

Comment

Working...
          X