X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff_H
    replied
    Re: JB question -- trembucker vs standard

I haven't had any issues using non-trem spaced pickups in the bridge of my floyd equiped guitars. If you have a JB laying around, just throw it in. If your ordering, might as well get the TB.

Leave a comment:

• ranalli
    replied

Originally posted by big_black
    It really depends. I have had several different duncans in the bridge of my strat (has a trem), and I have never used a trembucker. The trembuckers don't fit right, the alignment to the ploe pieces are off. Maybe the saddle spacing on trems vary? I don't know.

Should work pretty much as well. I did an experiment with a Duncan Distortion using both a regular spaced and F-spaced one in the same super-strat type guitar. I couldn't tell the difference in tone...I didn't feel like I was missing anything from the regular spaced pickup.

Leave a comment:

• big_black
    replied

It really depends. I have had several different duncans in the bridge of my strat (has a trem), and I have never used a trembucker. The trembuckers don't fit right, the alignment to the ploe pieces are off. Maybe the saddle spacing on trems vary? I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Fiesta Red
    started a topic JB question -- trembucker vs standard

JB question -- trembucker vs standard

I have a Fender Floyd Rose Classic with a stock humbucker in the bridge. I would like to install a JB. Do I absolutely NEED to put in a trembucker? Will a standard JB work just as well?

Thanks in advance!
    -Mark

My guitars: http://photos.yahoo.com/fiestaredx
Working...
X