• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Re: Detonator pickup wiring 5-w switch , 1 hum 2 singles

I think what you want is this:

(This shows Seymour Duncan wiring color codes.)

Ibanez wiring diagram

Edit: Changed image to a link, to save forum bandwidth.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 07-26-2004, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• havrelm1
    replied

The model is an Ibanez SA 160 2000 model. but I checked the wiring diagram and the switch is wired differently on my guitar then the diagram from Ibanez (my switch has the 1st and 3rd prongs free and the diagram from Ibanez only shows the 4th prong free), I will just take your suggestion off of the wiring diagram from Ibanez and re-wire mine to match that or I can draw out the way mine is wired. doesn't matter to me as long as I can get this to work .
    Last edited by havrelm1; 07-26-2004, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Robert S.
    replied

Ibanez posts all their schematics on their site. Give me the model number and I'll find the schematic for you.

The thing is that Ibanez uses some creative wiring to do some of their splits off of the 5-way switch and unless I know exactly how your guitar is wired (and the Ibanez color codes for the original pickups) it will be very hard to help you.

Leave a comment:

• Detonator pickup wiring 5-w switch , 1 hum 2 singles

I am trying to wire an Ibanez s-series and the 5-way switch has 8 prongs to solder to and the only diagram in the diagrams section of this site shows a 5-way switch with 6 solder points. The humbucker I took out has a white wire soldered to the very end position and a red wire soldered to the 4th prong. (note: the switch does not have anything wired to the 1st or 3rd prongs from the factory).

The pickup says to keep the red and white wires soldered togeather and taped, i tried the small black wire on both the points on the switch (where i removed the white and red) and the pickup is extremely noisy and I can't figure out how to set this up. Please help. Thanks
Working...
X