Detonator pickup wiring 5-w switch , 1 hum 2 singles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detonator pickup wiring 5-w switch , 1 hum 2 singles

sorry about that i was at work and just going off of what i remembered, lesson learned i cant remember shiat!

the small black wire from the duncan detonator, it would then be hooked up where I removed the red humbucker wire correct? and the red and white wires from the duncan just stay the way they are and dont get used.

Comment

Originally posted by havrelm1
      sorry about that . . .
      No problemo.

Originally posted by havrelm1
      the small black wire from the duncan detonator, it would then be hooked up where I removed the red humbucker wire correct? and the red and white wires from the duncan just stay the way they are and dont get used.
      No, not exactly. You want to hook the Detonator Black wire to the where the old humbucker white wire was, and the Detonator red/white combo, to where the old humbucker red was.

Like this:

Also, if you don't care about the Detonator having "split" operation in the #4 position, then just don't connect the red/white combo to the switch at all. But still be sure to connect them to each other and insulate them so they don't touch anything else. You won't need any of the wiring thats in the green box. (If you don't want it split.)

This will take you back to "ordinary" 5-way operation:

1: neck
      2. neck / middle
      3. middle
      4. middle / full Detonator
      5. full Detonator

Comment

alright, that works, the distortion is nice and clean and the same as my Telecaster (same pickup), but when I sit there with the lead channel on there is a loud humming still and i have grounded the big black/green to the volume pot with everything else. I tried grouding it elsewhere and it was the same. (almost there, I really appreciate the help so far guys).

Comment

I don't understand it. I have been playing for 10 years and only wired a few pickups which work fine, unless this volume pot has just taken a crap due to soldering heat because it is grounded the same way as the other pickup was. but it makes way too much noise even with the gain down. (i play through a Marshall TSL100).

Comment

Working...
          X