bridge pickup for southern metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge pickup for southern metal

ok ive made posts about this before but i finally honed down what im looking for. and i promise this is the last time! haha. i want a new bridge pickup for my ltd viper-300. mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fb. i want it for "southern metal", like down, corrosion of conformity, etc. im thinking maybe a custom since a DD or JB might be too bright.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: bridge pickup for southern metal

Get the Custom. It's nicely balanced with the mids and has a good bass response. It's very chrisp for chords and screams like a PAF on crack. You'll like it since it's powerful and distorts well, but retains clarity.

I'm a man of the Southern hand.

Schecter Omen 6 + Custom/'59
    Schecter C-1 A/E Limited
    Agile 2800
    Fender Standard Tele
    Fender American Strat
    Peavey Delta Blues 30
    Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Vox AD60VTX

Comment

yeah...nice amp btw
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

pretty sure pepper uses jb's. i think woody used to use a pg too
        i think either would work

Comment

pepper uses anderson pickups. woody uses invader b & pg n. i already have an invader in one of my guitars though. i think itd be way too dark for this guitar though, so its staying where it is.

Comment

A CC will do southern metal well too.. lots of honk.
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250
              yeah...nice amp btw
              I see you have an XXX as well, very nice. I just recently purchased mine. Damn, this thing OWNS when it comes to distortion. The clean channel leaves a few things to be desired but for all out crunch, it really growls and more than satisfies me.
              Last edited by TacticalFunky; 07-27-2004, 12:55 AM.

I'm a man of the Southern hand.

Schecter Omen 6 + Custom/'59
              Schecter C-1 A/E Limited
              Agile 2800
              Fender Standard Tele
              Fender American Strat
              Peavey Delta Blues 30
              Peavey Ultra Plus 120
              Vox AD60VTX

Comment

ok ive made posts about this before but i finally honed down what im looking for. and i promise this is the last time! haha. i want a new bridge pickup for my ltd viper-300. mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fb. i want it for "southern metal", like down, corrosion of conformity, etc. im thinking maybe a custom since a DD or JB might be too bright.
                The Custom is the one bro. And I would mate it with a PG or a '59 in the neck to nail Pepper and Woody's lead tone.

Btw, my singer just scored a Viper FM100 for $100. I'm real surprised how nice this guitar is. I was saving for the new Viper 400, but may just get a 100 to tool around with till I can afford the ESP Viper Standard. The Urban Camo is bad a$$.

Comment

The Customs are nice no doubt but the DD is a killer for metal and theres no way it will be too bright in that guitar through that amp.

I used to run a DD in a LP through my Mesa rack and it was brutal.
                  www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                  www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyking
                    The Custom is the one bro. And I would mate it with a PG or a '59 in the neck to nail Pepper and Woody's lead tone.

Btw, my singer just scored a Viper FM100 for $100. I'm real surprised how nice this guitar is. I was saving for the new Viper 400, but may just get a 100 to tool around with till I can afford the ESP Viper Standard. The Urban Camo is bad a$$.
                    did you ever get around to trying a custom? i remember you said you were gonna. i actually might end up just ripping pepper off entirely and getting an anderson H3, i found one online for $70 and i just might take the chance on that

Comment

ok so i just ordered the anderson, figured id try somethin different than anything i have. ill make a full report when it gets here

Comment

did you ever get around to trying a custom? i remember you said you were gonna. i actually might end up just ripping pepper off entirely and getting an anderson H3, i found one online for $70 and i just might take the chance on that
                        Not yet, I'm torn between the Custom and the Distortion. I tune low so I don't want my sound to be muddy. Just thick and fat with clarity.

Comment

Working...
                        X