Help: JB or Custom SH5/TB5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: JB or Custom SH5/TB5

Im playing music like Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Van Halen, Greg Howe...etc. I'm looking for a bridge pickup and i've decided it has to be a JB or Custom, but i don't know which will work best for my needs, i need a pickup good enough to get "that crunch". But i don't want get a super screamin' pickup that messes all up. Please recomend me which one will be better according to my music playing.

Re: Help: JB or Custom SH5/TB5

The best thing you could do is to try them out. Go to your local guitar center or Schecter dealer and try out some fiddles....here is a link to which schecters use which Duncans. Try them out...only you know what tone you are looking for.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
    I would love to have a battle of wits with you....but you appear unarmed!!

Comment

Re: Help: JB or Custom SH5/TB5

I've had both. I prefer the Custom. To me it has more nuts, but thats not to say the JB is bad! I just prefered the Custom. The SH5 is a little thinner sounding than the JB in my guitar( washburn NX6 paduak) but just has more of everything else. Just my experience. Hope it was some help.
      !

Comment

Working...
      X