Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUPs I cant find anywhere!

Hey,

Im looking around pricing parts for a guitar that Im making and I cant seem to find a red and black JB(bridge) and 59 (neck) and even more specific those coloured pups with a 4 wire conducter.

Also the SD dealer in my town didnt quite understand the tapped single coils. I want to get a mid tapped SSL 6.

Kinda off topic, for a mid pup single coil does it need to be reverse wrapped and what are the differencces if it isnt as compared to as if it is?

Thanks,

Niall
    "And be grateful. Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real." Hannibal Lecter

Re: PUPs I cant find anywhere!

Black Rose Customs

Talk to John or Kevin at Black Rose. They can get you most anything you want from SD. You don't seem to be asking for anything that I'm aware of that can't be done.

As for the RW/RP middle position pickup, that's just a matter of taste. In a traditional 3 single setup, if the middle is not RW/RP you will not get hum canceling in the 2&4 positions.

Some of the original vintage sets of pups were not RW/RP in the middle. I have a set of CS 54's from Fender that aren't, and they are great pickups. YMMV.
    Last edited by Jeff_H; 07-26-2004, 05:04 PM.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Ok so if ive got the single coil mid between to hums not reverse wrapped is it hum cancelling?
      "And be grateful. Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real." Hannibal Lecter

Comment

You can make it be, if you are splitting the 'buckers and depending on how you wire up your setup.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X