Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele-type pickup

Hello, hello, hello...I've a got pickup question:

I need a Telecaster type pickup for my Yamaha Mike Stern telecaster copy and was wondering if you had any suggestions. It's got a cheapy stock hot-rail that sounds good, if not great at certain times, but it's lacking a certain "something" that I'm looking for.

I've considered the SD Hotrails, but I've heard they're a little too...um, hot...even as hot-rails go...ideally, I'd like a JB for the guitar, but I've been unable to find one with Telecaster specs ( do they make a Tele-JB? )...anyway, would the hot-rails be a good idea seeing as it's already got stock hotrails? I'm not looking to drastically alter the tone of the guitar*, but rather give it up an upgrade.

*unless of course, I can somehow get a JB type sounding pickup in there...could you possibly suggest a JB-like SD pickup for Telecaster type guitars?

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Closed Eye; 07-27-2004, 04:17 PM.

Re: Tele-type pickup

The only humbucker SD makes for a Tele's bridge slot is the Hot Rails and the Lil 59. I don't know if you would want to spend the money on a HR, though I'm sure it'll be an improvement over stock.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

sounds like you want a bg1400, its the custom shop pearly gates esquire pup.
      its a stacked tele style bridge pup that sounds kinda like a jb. try it i bet youll like it.
      not cheap but nice!!

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by jeremy
        its a stacked tele style bridge pup that sounds kinda like a jb. try it i bet youll like it.
        not cheap but nice!!

what's the exact price range of "not cheap"? how do I order one of these things? Is it really a custom job, or can I pick it up most any place?
        I want to sound good, but I'm not sure if I want to dump a whole bunch of money into a pickup just to make an okay guitar (I really enjoy playing) sound better!
        It's a relavent concern I think...

Comment

FWIW, I know Stevo did a clip or two with the BG 1400
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
            not cheap but nice!!
            YES!! What a cool pickup. I believe a BG1400 would be the ticket for what you're looking for.

From the Duncan Custom Shop, they go for $140.00
            -Butch Snyder
            butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
            X