banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXP. STRAT PLAYERS:Multi-faceted question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EXP. STRAT PLAYERS:Multi-faceted question....

Originally posted by Jeff_H
    I've got the CS 54 pups from Fender in my Hwy 1, and like Wattage I'm very happy with all positions except for the bridge. I've got a new strat project going with an ash body and a rosewood board. I'm leaning towards the APS's in the neck and mid, and a SSL-6 for the bridge. That should cover just about every strat tone there is. In my highway 1 strat, I'm going to leave the CS 54's in the neck/mid, and put a PG+ in the bridge. I think that should be a pretty versital axe also.

If your strat is naturally bright, I'd go APS neck and mid, and SSL-6 bridge. If your strat is a warmer tone SSL-1's might be a great choice.
    Which APS would you recommend? 1 or 2? I was considering ditchin the humbucker and goin for singles and see how that works for me... I was thinkin the Highway 1 with the Maple neck and fretboard... I guess that would make it somewhat bright.

I definately am curious to hear the SSL-6 in action
    <Insert awesome equipment here>

Fender MIM Midnite Wine Satin Strat
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp
    Boss BD-2 Blues Driver overdrive

and a couple guitar picks

Comment

Re: EXP. STRAT PLAYERS:Multi-faceted question....

Originally posted by stevie ray
      since when is srv hard rock? would counsider gilmour hard rock either but wateva

id say to be general get a mid-hot humbucking pickup in the bridge and for the other 2 position mind output single coils
      Well, they're sure aren't soft rock, wateva.

Smart ass. It's just the folks like you that cause me to spend less and less time here.
      Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Working...
      X