Dimarzio Air Zone vs. CC vs. BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dimarzio Air Zone vs. CC vs. BBQ

The breed might be somethign that could help me get rid of my stock pups in my new Ibanez SZ mahogony string through body. But the guy reviewing the breed said it wasn't very tight on palm mutes? then again he had a strat and this is more of a darker les paul tone so maybe that could get me there? I'm curious to this air zone since I've heard a lot of good stuff about it. but yet to find a sample to hear it, though my favorite guitar tone from Pillar uses air zones in his guitar.

What would be a good combo and would it sound alright with my coiltapping feature of my guitar? Airzone/breed? I want something tight and fat for palm mutes and chunking chords, but something warm and big for leads and yet warm and clean for any kinda clean delay work...big task I know.

Comment

Apparenelty the Breed isn't far off from the BBQ but maybe not as warm or rich as I have heard. I know a guy who owns a store in central PA......he stopped selling Dimarzio once he found Rio Grandes. No kidding. He now mostly sells Duncans and Rios. I would still try to snag a BBQ when you have a chance.

I do however wish a pickup existed like the BBQ, but not quite as dark. That would be ideal to me! The C-5 is close but the lack of mids makes it another animal. The JB comes across as too hot for my needs.

Comment

But would the bbq get too muddy if its a dark pickup in mahogony and string through? Was also planning the option of the air zone...

Comment

Working...
        X