Pickup Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Suggestions?

I have designed my guitar, sort of choosen the wood, the scale, everything but the pickups (Two HB). The guitar is going to be a Les Paul/SG Hybrib, standard Gibson scale, TOM and stop bar.
    Finger board ebony
    Top (Maybe carved) Black Chacate (Same family similar properties to Pau Ferro and Wenge)
    Body and neck either Pink Ivory (Buckthorn family) or African Mahogany.
    Style of Music: Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Motorhead, early Metallica, Rainbow, Golden Earing, AC/DC, Deep Purple and maybe some Blues and Thrash.
    I like the sound of the Gibson Tony Iommi's (Friends Epi TI) but finding them at a reasonable price (and willing to ship to South Africa) is almost impossible. So any Suggestions priced up to around $100 each.

Re: Pickup Suggestions?

i think a pearly gates neck/custom 5 bridge combo thru the right rig would be great in that guitar and will cover a great many styles easily. what amp are you using?

Comment

Or a set of PGs if you'd be afraid that it might end up being a bright one.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Thanks for the replys, my Amp is a South African made (AHM) Bass amp, I find that it has a lot better range than most equivalently priced guitar amps.

Comment

I like the PG set in LP style guitars, although a lot of people swear by the PGn asnd C5 combo.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

PGs.
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

thru a bass amp? pearly gates will sound great!! if you need a hotter bridge tone try either a jb or a custom 5

Comment

Great, Thx for the recomendations, Think I will try the PG's in Neck and the JB in bridge. If I don't like them in my Guitar, it will give me an excuse to build another.
                Last edited by moztech; 07-30-2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X