which humbucker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which humbucker??

hey guys, im new. during the school year im going to make a guitar in wood shop. its basically going to be a fender american deluxe strat fmt except the body and the humbucker will be different. and a maple fret board. the problem is i cant figure out which humbucker. the ones that look best are the pearly gates plus, the custom custom, and the jb. then the tone wizard told me to pick the full shred, the custom 5, or jb. iv never heard any of these because the page that has all the mp3's just plays the same one every time. what im looking for is something that is warm and clear that can play some good riffs and be good as rythm. if any of you guys could tell me what these sound like or any other suggestions i would appriciate it.

Re: which humbucker??

Welcome to the Forum!

In a fat strat, my personal prefferance is for the CC. It's big, thick, and has round highs.It also splits pretty well.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a JB... if you don't have much experience, this pickup will be the most versatile of them all.
      7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

thanks guys! i've been reading the description of the different pickups and if they give an accurate definition to them, then i think i like the custom 5 the best. i want very little distortion. if you guys could tell me if the descripitions are pretty accurate or not let me know. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X