What can I expect if swap my 59b for a JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect if swap my 59b for a JB

I `ve wanted to try the JB for a while probably because Jake E Lee , Warren Dmartini and George Lynch used them and I liked their tone. I`ve currently got a 59b in my Strat with a single 500k vol. control and I love the tone but I just don`t feel like buying another guitar to try a new pickup. So what can I expect if tried the JB ? I play blues low gain to near hi gain hard rock!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: What can I expect if swap my 59b for a JB

You will hear more treble out of the JB at a higher output. I'm assuming you'd put it in your Strat with the SSL-2. Being a fairly bright s.c. pickup in it's own right, the SSL and JB would be a pretty bright combination, I would think. I know what the JB sounds like in my Les Paul, but that's a different wood than your Strat. Still the JB would be a fairly bright pickup to use in any guitar.
    If that's not your cup of tea, possibly a Custom might work for you. It's a little warmer but still has great highs and punchy mids. If I was going to put a humbucker in my Strat, I would try that one first. But that's only my opinion, from using it in two other guitars.
    Are you using 2 SSL-2's with the hummer in the bridge?
    ....Bob

Comment

Bump de Bump!
      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

everything Midnite said +1.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X