X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BloodRose
    replied
    Re: Blues Trembucker in Carvin v220?

I think Ill have to try it. This guitar is so bright that it makes a Tone zone sound thin.. Maple set neck, ebony board, trem, brass nut.. BRITE!!

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

it sounds like that carvin is the perfect recipient for a blues. it should sound great!!
    youll probably have to re-eq your amp to get the best tone after the swap

Leave a comment:

• KLINKDETROIT
    replied

The blues and C5 are my favorites. I have a blues in my ibanez 540 and a c5 in my schecter. I am swapping them out tonight. I am going to see if its the blues or the crappy ibanez that sounds better. I think its the pickup? I have a patb2 that is a parrallel version of the distortion sh-6. It blows away the sh6 in body and thump. It is a little hotter though. The blues is not very hot at all. I like the midway hotness of the c-5 though. If I could blend the c5 and blues it would be the bomb.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

From what I've heard, the Parallel Axis line of pickups is made for the express purpose of fattening up axes with floating bridges and small bodies. It seems to me as though one of these pickups would be a perfect match with your Carvin.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    started a topic Blues Trembucker in Carvin v220?

Blues Trembucker in Carvin v220?

Any guesses how it would sound? Im Really wanting to try this pickup and this is my only axe that needs a pickup.. Has a Kahler trem, maple body, set neck. I need a pup to beef up the tone of this guitar. Plays great but has a thin bright sound.. Thanks
Working...
X