need tele pickup advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need tele pickup advice

im looking for a tele bridge pickup...preferably mini humbucker with more bass and less twang then the stock pickup. the research i did aimed me toward the lil 59er for bridge. im playing a 52RI tele. what do u guys think of this combo?

Re: need tele pickup advice

the little 59 can work for you, but you may want to go for a stack instead. It will sound a little better imo. I was never a fan of single coil sized humbuckers, but the stacks aren't too bad
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

What were you wanting to do with it? I think the Quarter Pound Tele pickup is the best made for Telecasters, but they're not humbucking.
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

For more bass and less twang the Lil 59'r should work very well for you. I've had one in a chambered mahog tele and a poplar tele and they worked very well coupled with a seth lover neck pup, Twang King neck pup, Antiquity and custom wound SK neck pup. I play mostly blues and found the 59'r to my liking. I had heard bad things about it, but I believe that is mostly from the traditional tele twang camp. It does have some twang, but not like a broadcaster or other stock tele bridge unit. It boils down to your personal preference. As you can see, some like it..some don't. Tone is subjective, so you have to find what will work for you. If your a blues or rock player, the Lil 59 would be a good choice. If your a country type chicken picker, look elsewhere.

Comment

i play lots of rock and blues with a little old school metal thrown in for good measure. i dig the tele neck pickup but i need the bridge to be more powerful and be ok for hard rock and some metal i.e. gnr and early metallica

Comment

sounds like a lil 59 might be your best choice. its got more output and beef than a stock tele pup but isnt too over the top to hit some tastey blue notes

Comment

Working...
            X