banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Coil humbucker for strat,whats best choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Coil humbucker for strat,whats best choice?

Hi everyone,Im kinda new here and want to thank everyone for the previous help,this site is the best!Right now I need a humbucker single coil
    (for bridge spot) on my S/S/S strat thats closest sounding to a regular humbucker,for all styles of music,BEATLES-SRV-ZEPPLIN-CLASSIC ROCK/HARD ROCK,R&B,etc,,,,needs to be full sounding and cleans up good for Rhythm work,but not thin.Never had any luck with single coils in the past!
    Was thinking a HOT RAILS but,some out there say it doesnt have a decent clean sound,any other recomendations out there?
    Thanx alot.

Re: Single Coil humbucker for strat,whats best choice?

Hello buddy and welcome to the greatest forum on the internet...LOL

I like the Lil 59 for what you describe....However..Another absolutely great sounding pickup that rubs up there with a humbucker is the Fralin Steel Pole 43 pickup...This is a single coil pickup that sounds and acts alot like a Gibson P90...This pickup has all the balls and fatness you describe,but yet it still retains the 4th position quacky tones..This is an incredible pickup..Get ahold of Lew and he'll treat you right on one...Personally,these side by side single coil sized himbuckers miss the mark as far as getting actual single coil strat tones...I normally would rather have an actual fullsized humbucker in my bridge position if I'm wanting a H/S/S strat...Just my opinion of course...I removed a JB Jr..and put this Fralin SP 42 in it's place in a floyd rose bridged strat.....The results were WOW! Go to Lindy Fralin's website and read about the Steel Pole 43 pickup...Trust me on this one!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I like the Cool Rails a little more than the little 59. I think it does what you're wanting quite well. The Hot Rails would definitely be a little too much for the styles of music you're describing.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I'm a fan of the cool rails myself, but I'd give John's suggestion a fair shot too (the Fralin pickup)... he knows his strat-stuff.
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

+1 for a CR.
          But in all fairness, I haven't tried the Fralin.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

The 'Lil '59 works for me.
            Parker Fly Deluxe Hardtail
            Fender MIJ 50's Reissue
            Fender American Standard Strat
            Fender Amercian Standard Tele
            Custom Mahogany Strat Style
            (w/ Duncan SSL-2, SSL-1, and 'Lil '59)
            Ibanez AS-200
            Carvin Bolt Hardtail

Comment

Cool Rails.

Haven't tried the Fralin

Strat knows his stuff.
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Working...
              X