Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customizing the top of JB & Jazz

Originally posted by Fusion1
    Lightning, good eye there. I didn't really notice that till you mentioned it. From the looks of it there is no tape around the coils themselves, just the fabric tape around both coils. I guess I should contact the person I bought this from to make sure it wasn't defective or anything. It measures out at 8.83k, so that seems fine. The pickup doesn't look like the tape has ever been removed, so maybe this is one that slipped through the cracks @ SD and the copper wirees never got covered. Who knows?

That's how trembuckers look normally. My CC trembucker is the same.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Benjy, ok good to know. It was my first Trembucker, so I didn't know they were different in that regard to normal spaced Duncans. Thanks.

Lightning you got me to hit the panic button like this animation I saw today: Tom Ridge: Minister of Fear

Comment

No problem-o brotha!
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Didn't mean to push the panic button. I thought you'd been working on it and that was a temp tape job. I was going to ask where you got the tape. If that clip captures the essence of your reaction…Sorry Man…but that is funny though.
          Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Lightning no I wasn't that worried I just thought the clip was funny. :-)

BTW thats the original tape on there, I never removed it. You can buy that tape but I don't know if 3M will sell small quantities. You probably need to buy a case or something.

I inquired to them about purchasing some rolls last year and they let me have some samples. It's the same kind of fabric tabe and it looks great.

Might be a good idea on here if people wanted to buy some to get a group together to go in on a purchase in quantity, otherwise it's going to be hard to find a retailer like stew mac or allparts selling this 3m #11 tape, since they don't.

Comment

ampge sells a tape...think that's it?
              Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Working...
              X