No announcement yet.

How Long has the PG been in production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long has the PG been in production?

:afro:

Re: How Long has the PG been in production?

since the early 90's i believe

Comment

When did ZZTop do "Cheap Sunglasses"?

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Seymour probably hooked up Billy Gibbons quite awhile before these were offered to the public though.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          since the early 90's i believe
          Thanks Jeremey. One more question: Wehen did SD start putting the logo on all of their pups? I'd like to get a PGn w/o a logo
          :afro:

Comment

I think the logo'ed pickups were in the early 90's around the same time as the Pearly Gates was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
              Seymour probably hooked up Billy Gibbons quite awhile before these were offered to the public though.
              Sure. Probably it was a custom shop item (as JP's are now) for sometime. I just wanted to have an idea after hearing Jeremy saying early 90's. Then I might have a real custom shop PG, and that explains things.

I've got that 8,35K double black (no logo) PG in 1991 from a local guitar player, who got it from some other guitar player who supposedly got it from the SD custom shop. No initials nothing, it just has that PGB1 sticker (I gotta double check tho! Was it plain PGB or PGB1) Ok anyway it has no logo and long legs. And sounds phenomenal.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                Sure. Probably it was a custom shop item (as JP's are now) for sometime. I just wanted to have an idea after hearing Jeremy saying early 90's. Then I might have a real custom shop PG, and that explains things.

I've got that 8,35K double black (no logo) PG in 1991 from a local guitar player, who got it from some other guitar player who supposedly got it from the SD custom shop. No initials nothing, it just has that PGB1 sticker (I gotta double check tho! Was it plain PGB or PGB1) Ok anyway it has no logo and long legs. And sounds phenomenal.

B
                Hmm. Seems like I remember PG adds in GP in the late 80's.. Small 1/4 sized add with some chili peppers in the add with it. Sound familiar?
                Playing:
                Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
                Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
                Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
                Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

This is an area where the Seymour Duncan company is failing its customers. On the DiMarzio site every pickup's year of introduction is published. Tsk Tsk SD.

(Seriously, if anyone from SD is reading this, it would be interesting to see the year of introduction of various pickup models. )
                  Last edited by Simon_F; 07-30-2004, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I got a Pearly Gates (Custom Shop?) in about 1988.
                    My local Guitar merchant/Guru (Sam Moss) got it for me.
                    It came in a vinyl baggie like Ernie Ball strings, instead on the normal box with a hand written logo on the base.
                    Great tone in my 3 pickup Les PAul.

Comment

I have a mid 80's '59 that meters at 8.53. The thing sounds close to a PB...but better! It just sits in a box along with an 80's zebra JB. I am waiting for a guitar to put them in....like a V or something.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE
                        Thanks Jeremey. One more question: Wehen did SD start putting the logo on all of their pups? I'd like to get a PGn w/o a logo
                        You can order one without the logo through a SD dealer no problem.
                        -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                        I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Working...
                        X