neck and middle pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck and middle pickups

hi i need a good middle position pickup as well as a neck pickup for my 52 tele which im gunna mod to strat pickup specs..id like it to cancel hum with neck pickup but im gunna be using a lil 59er for rock and metal but i want a nice fat round warm tone that cuts thru thats all reminiscent of a good ole strat pickup. im looking at the five-two right now cuz i think the 2 different magnets would work really well but i want opinions on this pickup as well as suggestions as to what middle pickup would work well. id be playing strictly blues/classic rock with it so what u guys think?

Re: neck and middle pickups

A pair of APS in the neck and middle will balance nicely with the Lil'59 at the bridge.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

does the neck aps come tele style? im looking to keep a semi stock look to it

Comment

Originally posted by itbepopples
        does the neck aps come tele style? im looking to keep a semi stock look to it

Yes, there is an Alnico II Pro for Tele rythm, though I don't know how well it would match with the strat version.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I think the APS-2 would get you there. There was a recent post by lew and curly on the aps-2's vs. other pickups.

I just got rid of my aps-2s because it was a bit too dark for MY tele, (rosewood neck). I'm putting in an SSL-1 in the middle today (at some point). The APS-2 should be great with the maple neck.

FWIW, I'd also do a set of 2 strats in the neck/mid. Although I don't know how the match would be with the tele APS-2 rhythm, I really like my Fralin Blues special in the neck, it's an A-5 mag which brightens up my guitar nicely.
          Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Working...
          X