banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 volume, 2 tone, 5 way, 1 hum, 2 single coils...schematics anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 volume, 2 tone, 5 way, 1 hum, 2 single coils...schematics anyone?

i couldnt find it on the duncan page...i could just be blind and stupid. does anyone have schematics for my guitar? (Standard Fat Strat)

Re: 1 volume, 2 tone, 5 way, 1 hum, 2 single coils...schematics anyone?

Like this?

With the bridge pup split in the 4th position
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Or standard strat wiring, just pretend the bridge single coil is a humbucker in the schematic.
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Hope this helps

Comment

Sorry to hijack...the schematic with the split in the 4th position, is that the neck/mid position?

I am doing the same wiring in the morning, and I want the bridge positon (which I call position #1) to be the full Humbucker(59' TB), position 2 to be the middle single with one of the coils of the 59', then the rest of the positions to be standard. Which lug of the 5 way would the red/white wires go on for that?

Again, sorry for the hijack.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Jeff,

The bridge is full series and the notch position is split bridge+middle in that schematic.

The whole numbering thing on the 5way switches is confusing. I think the official numbering system starts with the neck as position 1 and the bridge as 5. I think of it the same way as you do though, that position 1 is the bridge, but I 'think' we're wrong. Anyway, I quoted the Duncan site stating that it was split in position 4 (our 2)

Boy that was confusing just typing it, hope it makes sense.
        Last edited by stratsandaks; 07-31-2004, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks much....I'll be wiring that bad boy up in the moring! I don't mind being wrong about the positions....it's that old dog learning new tricks thing...
          My Sound Clips

Comment

oh ok thanks. and whats a good soldering kit thats not too expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by runfrmosticks
              oh ok thanks. and whats a good soldering kit thats not too expensive?
              I just picked up a 25w Weller kit at Home Depot for $12. The only thing it didn't come with which I wanted is a stand...but I'll survive. 22-30 watts is all you really need, and definately no soldering guns. Too hot and you can fry components very easily.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
              X