Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

Has anyone had a chance to really compair both of these Fender PU's?? I have played the Vintage ones and thought they sounded incredible. But now I am curious about the Hot Noiseless. I have Texas Specials in my strat now, so I think I want the hot ones. I guess I am wanting a second opinion. Do you really need to use 1000k pots too??
    sigpic
    GUITARS: 2 Fender Strats, and Epi Les Paul
    PEDALS: X2 Wireless, 535Q crybaby, Line6 MM4, ISP Decimater, OCD, Fulltone GT-500, 2 Boss DD-5's and Digitech Hardwire Stereo Chorus
    AMP: Fender DeVille

Re: Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

I hated the Vintage Noiseless in my bandmates strat. They were thin, brittle and icepicky. One day, he asked me to do a set up for him, and I noticed that his strat had a trio of 1meg pots. I asked him if I could change the pots and he agreed to it. I switched them over to CTS 500k pots and it sounded much more natural. It was fatter and woodier and it took to being driven much better.

I still preffer other low noise pickups though, like the rails series from Duncan or the Virtual Vintage lineup from Dimarzio. I haven't tried the Hot Noiseless yet.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

I got the vintage noiselss and used 500k for vol. and a tbx for tone (250k/1000k)
      I really didn't like them, so now i use a diMarzio HS-3 for neck, splitted (is brighter) and a SSL-1 in the Middle.
      For hotter, noiseless singles i use the live wire hot.
      Pickups... the final frontier.
      These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
      Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
      X