Antiquity RWRP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity RWRP question

I just picked up a RWRP Antiquity middle pickup. Would there be any problem with using this in the NECK position? Or are these voiced specifically for the middle position? I was considering this pup in the neck along with a standard A2 single in the middle and an EVH in the bridge for a mid output strat setup...

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Re: Antiquity RWRP question

Originally posted by Farkus
    I just picked up a RWRP Antiquity middle pickup. Would there be any problem with using this in the NECK position? Or are these voiced specifically for the middle position? I was considering this pup in the neck along with a standard A2 single in the middle and an EVH in the bridge for a mid output strat setup...

Farkus
    well, it's wound RWRP for the mid positions

I guess you could use it in the neck, but note that on the Ants, the coils are wound "top going" with "north" magnetic polarity, the same as the early vintage models

maybe someone else can tell you if that would actually cause a problem, though
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

With my setup, I planned on having the middle pickup be on a seperate volume control, so that if I went with a S-S-S setup, when I used neck and bridge together, I'd still have hum canceling, if that makes any sense...

Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I did this on a two pickup Blackmore Strat. Antiquity Custom Bridge in the bridge, and Texas Hot RWRP in the neck. Three way switch. The middle position with both pups on is hum canceling. works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X