banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets talk about the Broadcaster (STL-1B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk about the Broadcaster (STL-1B)

How do tele players like this pickup? How does it compare to the stock USA Fender tele pickups? also, I hear its quite good with distortion, how does it sound clean? and also how middy is it? more so than a regular vintage style tele bridge pickup?

Re: lets talk about the Broadcaster (STL-1B)

The Broadcaster is a great pickup. There are many types of players who love and use it. There are a lot of Rockers out there who want a great vintage type Tele pickup but with a bit more edge. Not a "hot" pickup but something with a bit more midrange girth to it. These players seem to like Springsteen and other Clasic Rock artists. The Blues players love it because they can emulate Roy Buchannan's with the Broadcaster easier than with other pickup models. Some Country players like it because it has a bit of an edge to it and doesn't sound exactly like a crystal clean Country pickup.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I have the Broadcaster on my American Tele and I agree that it's edgy. (Hell, It's down right loud most of the time. I love it!) It has a very open sound and less bright than the OEM pickup. The mids are definitely enhanced. I really like the combination of my vintage stack and the Broadcaster in the mid position. This pickup is way more defined than the OEM thingy.
      "Life is just a game and they're many ways to play; all you do is choose".....Stanley Clark

Comment

I noticed both of you guys say this pickup has more "girth" to it than most standard tele pickups and more midrange, with that being said, is there a lot of high-end being reduced because of this? in other words is it still bright and twangy like a vintage tele pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by dr space
          is it still bright and twangy like a vintage tele pickup?
          yes
          maybe not as bright as, say, the '54, but not as warm as an Antiquity bridge or a JD
          I found it a little bright in my ash tele, but I haven't tried it in my alder tele yet
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

I think they're great sounding pickups. Very nice for just about anything. As far as distortion or other effects, I've always had the opinion that single coil pickups respond a little more forgivingly to effects than humbuckers. I like both, but for different reasons. But yes, the Broadcaster sounds very nice with any effects. They are a very articulate pickup, if that helps.
            www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I tried it in my tele for a while but it was too bright for me. I wouldn't use it in an ash/maple tele like mine, but I imagine it would work really well in an alder/rosewood guitar, especially if you like a lot of bite in your sound.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I stay away from vintage tele, I tend toward something the Hot Stack, QP, or at least the JD range.
                Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                Originally posted by Sosomething
                "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
                X