Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cat and a PRS

Hi everybody....first post here.

I have a PRS CU22 with the rotary switcher, and would like to replace the neck pickup with a Phat Cat.

The Phat Cat is 2 conductor lead and the pc-board on the rotary is set up for the 3 leads from the Dragon II's.........so my question would be - does anybody know what kind of modifications (or wiring setup) to the electronics would be necessary to make this switch?

I would like the rotary to work just as before......the neck pickup being on in all the positions it was before, only unsplit, obviously.

Also, I'm concerned about the accentuated midrange of the PhatCats (according to the Duncan description). The PRS has midrange aplenty and I don't think I need another pickup adding even more. Does anyone have any experience with Phat Cats from the custom shop......maybe something underwound?

Re: Phat Cat and a PRS

Bump. This one needs a response, but I'm not familiar with PRSs.
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

Re: Phat Cat and a PRS

I don't see how you can manage to keep the 5 way rotary with a single coil in the neck .
      Basicaly the 2&4 positions on the PRS switch are inner and outter coils the humbuckers, this means they are splitted . But you can't split the Phat Cat !

I would suggest you to go for a Mc Carty wiring (with 3 way toggle)
      Pickups used :
      Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
      PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
      PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
      PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
      PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
      PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
      PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
      PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
      PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
      Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
      Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
      SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Working...
      X