which bridge pu for les paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which bridge pu for les paul

need help guys please I was going to buy a cc no questions then I tried a guitar with a jb and I was very pleased with how it sounded. I play anything from blues to metal but alot of stp aic and newer stuff. The guy at the music store told me the pg was like a jb only warmer. I have a 59 bridge that I think is too bright so time to try another.
    JB
    53.33%
    Custom
    13.33%
    C5
    13.33%
    CC
    13.33%
    PG
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Re: which bridge pu for les paul

For those styles, I'm going to suggest the JB. I'm usually not the biggest JB fan, but I was just listening to a couple of tunes that I recorded with the JB, and they happened to be STP tunes. The JB does those sounds really well. It's a tad compressed for my standard taste, and in the guitar I had it in (Dean Hardtail), it had an upper mid peak that I had a hard time dialing out. However, it sure does sound good on the tunes I recorded. Seymour likes it a bunch as well, so that's not all bad.

Click on my soundclips and listen to Plush and Interstate Love Song.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

so many too choose from it is all consuming lately I have closed my eyes to goto sleep only to keep thinking which one should I get

Comment

I like C-5, Custom, CC, JB, and Antiquity. After all of them, I chose the C-5.
        It's the only bridge pickup that has everything I want to hear. Great highgain, great midgain, great clean, strong output, real tone. Some guys accuse it of being too light in the mids, but it's got tight percussive lows, neutral mids, and vintage highs.
        Let the mahogany body give you your mids. That's why I like it for Pauls.
        I have a Custom 5 in 3 Pauls, 1 McCarty, and 1 H-S-S strat. Sounds nice in all of them.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

keep the votes comming

Comment

The C-5 is a very nice pickup but keep in mind it can sound vintage at least to my ears and you may have to crank the mids on your amp for leads as I did. The C-5 requires your guitar/amp have great mids.

Comment

A Seth Lover bridge would work really nice in a Paul.

Marin
              °
              my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by lpstudio
                The guy at the music store told me the pg was like a jb only warmer.
                I've heard that also, but I haven't had experience with with the PG to compare.

Nathan
                Formerly "Raven LP"

Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
                Splawn 212 Vertical Cab with Eminence Governors
                Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue
                '95 Gibson LP Standard (Custom Shop S-Deco-5 11.5k / Jazz)
                PRS Swamp Ash Special (?? / ?? / ??)
                '04 Fender American Fat Strat (stock, for now...)

Comment

Working...
                X