banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues Saraceno patb3 mixed with C5. possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Saraceno patb3 mixed with C5. possible?

I like the overall tone of my C5 (lows and open/airy, gain amount) but also think it could be a little thicker in the highs and mids. Those are the qualities I like about my Blues Saraceno patb3 but it is more compressed or not as open as the C5 and I like that about the C5. I also like the vocal/engaged wah frequency of the mids on the patb3. I could use a tad more gain from the patb3. The C5 gain is perfect. If there were a way to blend the qualities of both I would be in tone heaven. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Blues Saraceno patb3 mixed with C5. possible?

Interesting question. Thought I'ld give ya a bump.

Comment

The only way I could think of would be to have a standard polepiece pickup rewound to Blues Trembucker specs by the Custom shop, and then combine one coil from the Blues, one coil from the C5, and an A5 magnet to make a C5/Blues Trembucker hybrid.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Maybe I will give them a call. Thanx
        Check out my band at klinkdetroit.com
        My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Wouldn't a C-5 TREMBUCKER (TB 14) be an option? I think that the baseplate of the rembucker is the same, and the C-5 has an A-5 mag.
          Pickups... the final frontier.
          These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
          Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

I have the C5 trembucker and the patb3. How would I go about a hybrid pickup? I think they both have the same A5 magnets?
            My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Then it should work and you don't need the Custom shop. Loose the 2 rews of one coil (of each Pickup) UNDER the baseplate, and the wire, then remove the coil and
              replace it with the other coil. You should do this with the "lug coil", not with the "screw coil" (The one with the logo on it). Leave the srew coil (of the C-5) on it's
              place. The baseplate of the PATB-3 doesn't have holes for the (6) screws.
              Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Aha I will try that. Thanx
                My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Actually, there is no screw and slug coil on the PATB-3. It uses a parallel axis polepiece design, which is why I mentioned that you'd need to get the Blues wind in a pickup with standard polepieces. A hybrid between a trembucker and a parallel axis trembucker may or may not work, I really have no idea. This is not something you should try on your own unless your very confident in your soldering skills. If you do create a hybrid, you will most likely need to repot the pickup when you're done.

Ryan
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

That's the same as i meant. For this reason you must leave the screw coils in and can only chnage the other coil. I took out the mag off the Distortion trembucker and swapped into the CC trembucker. It worked without problems. The same should work with the coils. Except the holes for the coils, the baseplate are the same.
                    The only problem which might be is the difference of the design. The Blues rembucker does have the "Squared" egdes, not the round. Sorry, i don't know how to explain it.

Comment

Working...
                    X