Strat-Tele compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat-Tele compatibility

I love strats but really dig the Tele neck tone. Can these be swapped or are they different sizes? In other words will a Tele neck pu fit in that position of a Strat?

Re: Strat-Tele compatibility

Tele neck pups are smaller. Plus, the pickup will not sound the same in a strat-strats and teles are two different guitars with different tonal properties.
    Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Re: Strat-Tele compatibility

Originally posted by conguiņo
      I love strats but really dig the Tele neck tone.
      I really like the Tele neck pickup tone too. That's funny because a lot of players will do everything they can to get their Tele's neck position to sound more like a Strat. The guys at Rio Grande don't even put a cover on their Tele neck pickups. One guy, at Rio Grande, I talked with said the Tele neck pickup was the worst invention for guitar...

I guess, if you put a nickel cover on a Strat pickup it might sound more like a Tele neck pickup....I never tried it.
      Last edited by BS123; 08-02-2004, 07:03 PM. Reason: Typo
      -Butch Snyder
      butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
      X