Invader to replace DD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader to replace DD??

I have an explorer with a DD/59 set up currently. I am considering replacing the bridge DD with an invader. What I am looking for is something that will still have the harmonics of the DD but with more bass and less mids. The DD sounds a little thin. What about the Anderson H3?

Re: Invader to replace DD??

anyone??

Comment

DON'T DO IT!!!!! If anything keep the D.D., you will not like the Invader. I am sure some people will speak up and say I am crazy, but you have been warned. Invader is a WAY OVERBOARD pup that in my opinion is not good for anything except making your tone so muddy that it hides your mistakes!

Just my opinion...........

Comment

I know this is the SD forum, but what about a Dimarzio Super Distortion instead?

Comment

You could try the Dimebucker also. More bass than the DD and a bit less mids. Great pup. Pups are like food imo, you have to try them to know if you like them or not. If you can afford it, I'd say try all three, DB, Invader, and Super D, and see which one you like the best. Sell or put the other two in other guitars.
          Last edited by Jeff5; 08-03-2004, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lt1z93
            I have an explorer with a DD/59 set up currently. I am considering replacing the bridge DD with an invader. What I am looking for is something that will still have the harmonics of the DD but with more bass and less mids. The DD sounds a little thin. What about the Anderson H3?
            the invader definately isnt what you want. it may have more bass, but its ALL MIDS. i think you should try the H3 (read my review). it has more bass than the DD, and different mids. the mids on the DD get on my nerves sometimes. makes it kinda go "chink chink" while the anderson goes "chug" or "crunch".
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I use an invader and love it although i dont hear alot of mids in the tone it is meant for metal, death etc. If anything but an EMG 81 or 85 they are active and articulate very well with giving you alot of boost on the low end. I have used dimarzio and not a big fan but to each there own.
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
              Schecter 006 Elite
              SD Invader
              Pro tools

Comment

yeah an EMG 85 is a good idea too
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                X