• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need (complicated) wiring help.

Originally posted by wixomwhat
    Thanks a bunch Kent S!

i'll deffinately try these out.
    BTW ... Although it shouldn't have to be said ... The thing about the '50's vs. '60's & '70's tone wiring ... I know someone out there, somewhere will need to hear this ... Use the red path for one option, and the yellow path for the other option ... NOT BOTH!!!
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
      BTW ... Although it shouldn't have to be said ... The thing about the '50's vs. '60's & '70's tone wiring ... I know someone out there, somewhere will need to hear this ... Use the red path for one option, and the yellow path for the other option ... NOT BOTH!!!

So your saying the red & yellow that goes from one Pot to the other in the schmatic? If so why? If i understand what you are saying is that chosingone or the other will give you a different tone?

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
        So your saying the red & yellow that goes from one Pot to the other in the schmatic? If so why? If i understand what you are saying is that chosingone or the other will give you a different tone?
        It's called '50's mod or '50's wiring, If you choose the '50's wiring the guitar won't lose as much treble when you turn down, although it lessens the effect of the tone control when it's turned down and the volume is turned down as well. When the volume is a ten neither wiring has any difference in tone. Simple, if you don't want the guitar to roll off treblewhen the volume is turned down use the '50's wiring, if you do want it to warm up like that when you turn down, then use the '60's & '70's wiring.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
          It's called '50's mod or '50's wiring, If you choose the '50's wiring the guitar won't lose as much treble when you turn down, although it lessens the effect of the tone control when it's turned down and the volume is turned down as well. When the volume is a ten neither wiring has any difference in tone. Simple, if you don't want the guitar to roll off treblewhen the volume is turned down use the '50's wiring, if you do want it to warm up like that when you turn down, then use the '60's & '70's wiring.
          Ok i get what you are saying. and since I never turn down the volume on my guitars i guess either the 50's or 60's will be fine.

thanks again for all the help Kent!

Comment

Working...
          X