banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the emg SV single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the emg SV single coils?

what are their differences tonewise compared to the SA's ?????
    Last edited by fenderiarhs; 08-04-2004, 06:18 AM.

Re: Has anyone tried the emg SV single coils?

EMG ?

Sorry I couldnt resist
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

...........you forgot to mention that floyd rose sucks..........

Comment

I don't know which models come in it, but the Dave Gilmour setup rocks! I tried it in a friend's Mexi strat and it just flat out rips. Surprisingly (to me,anyway)it was very stratty and if you fiddle with the knobs, you can get some pretty mean 'bucker sounds out of it. If the SV's are anything close to those, I'd get them.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I put a set of them in for a buddy of mine...they didn't sound that great IMHO. They don't have the harmonics of the SA pups. Now, one can say, 'Well, they are based on vintage pups'. Yeah, that's true, and they're really quiet, which is a big plus. But, if you like EMG's for high powered, hot tones, stick with the SA, not the vintage ones (SV). I think even the Fender noiseless, which I don't care for, sound better than the SV's.

Just my 2 cents.

Farkus
          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I've played the DG-20 set (SA) and I sold it back a few months later... hifi and dead. Can be great for some people, wasnt my cup of tea.
            Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
            X